Saturday, May 21, 2011

The temptation of drugs and alcohol have been very prominent in my life the past few weeks. So much so that I even had a few drinks. That temptation can be easily squashed once I get certain people and substances out of my life. One temptation I have though I'm terrified of trying to relive again. Thats the floaty feeling I had when I overdosed. Your brain becomes so detached from the rest of you and you can't feel anything. There are many days I just want to feel that feeling again.

When I start to have that craving I go surround myself with life loving people. I'm so happy to have peole I can turn to in Kotzebue and listen to me. They make sure I'm doing aliright. I want to thank my "cousins" Maija, Saima and Elsa for letting me be a part of their family and listening to me when I need to be heard. I would also like to thank Bree for being like an older sister to me and giving me advice and letting me know I am only human and I will make mistakes.

This family what I need right now most in my life. And when my sister Morg and the kids get here I won't have time to think about drugs or alcohol and other things. Life is hard but that is why we have family like I do. Sobieski don't have to face these times alone.

2 comments:

  1. awe. You're welcome! You are also welcome to come giggle with me anytime, well after 830 since I work so dang late! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line is supposed to say, "so I don't have to...."

    ReplyDelete