Friday, April 22, 2011

The Best Sister in the World!



Today is The Best Sister in the World's birthday! I love my sister. I was told yesterday that all kids have an imaginary friend growing up as part of their development. Be it a blanket, or stuffed animal, or just an imaginary friend. But I don't ever remember having an imaginary friend. I had my sister. She was born 17 months after I was born. That sounds super, duper, really close, but I was adopted and soon after I was adopted I our mom got pregger's with Morg. So, with that, my sister was my "imaginary" friend. We did everything together growing up. We were so mischief, and loud, and brash, and FUN!!! My sister is one of the fiercest, most carefree people I know. Her outlook on life is, "If it doesn't directly concern my kids, or myself, I will not worry about it." I worry about everything. Even though I try to tell myself I don't I do. My sister is very laid back and will let life roll out the way it supposed to be and not worry about the little things. Or the big things for that matter. For that reason, she is my grounding person. She can bring me down to Earth when I am floating up in space worrying about the sky falling and Earth falling apart.



My sister is the only person I truly trust to raise my baby. That is why, after 11 years, I asked my sister to take over a part of parenting I couldn't, being a stable, controlled place to be. I know that Adya needs a stable living environment, and me leaving all the time for work wasn't possible for her to have a stable living environment. Besides, they, my Brother in law and sister, took Adya on every vacation, road trip, and camping trip they could. They always included her in their lives. I did not make a major life decision concerning Adya without my sister's input on what is best for her. I know my sister will give my Babe stability and comfort I can't at the moment. Thank you for being The Best Sister in the World! Love you Morg!

No comments:

Post a Comment