Thursday, April 14, 2011

something new

I have been asked by many to write a book. But I found the idea of sitting down and writing a book about my life too daunting. After months of consideration, I have decided to start a blog about my life and see where it goes from here.

I am currently packing up my small studio apartment and will be moving into a one bedroom apartment. You have no IDEA how happy I am to actually get a bedroom to myself again! I love my lil place, but I am tired of having loud neighbors above me, and I would really like to be able to have a room all to myself when I need it. Especially when my sister and her quarter of a million kids (not really that much, 4) are visiting. I love my sister and her kids. There are times I need to be by myself and living where I am now, I don't get that. Now when the kids get into trouble, I can send them to the bedroom instead of the bathroom!

Packing up any place isn't fun, but I've learned this past week, it's more fun with friends and family around. I don't have much motivation to finish once I start, so I have told myself getting one tote filled is getting something done. So now I have about 9 totes filled and in my car ready to be moved into my new place.

Being Yupik Eskimo, I should be able to ask for help when needed, because lets face it, our family hasn't gotten this far in life without asking for help. But for me, asking for help from anyone besides my sister is hard for me to do. I do not want to feel like a burden to anyone, so I will not ask for help out front, but if someone offers to help I will take it. So if you know you've told me to ask for help, and I say, "OK. I will." and actually don't ask for help, don't be offended. I'm just not strong enough to ask you.

I can keep writing so much more about what is going on, and why I am the way I am, but I have to finish up work, and get ready for the Kobuk 440! oh yeah, and finish packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment